The recipe is really easy and very good..makan sampai x bolih berenti..once again I forgot where I copy the recipe from..
- 2 cups of Basmathi rice ~ washed and soaked in water for abt 3o minutes
- 6 tbsp of butter
- 3 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups of water
- a few drops of yellow, green and red food colouring
Cooking methods :~ Using electric rice cooker
- Wash the basmathi rice and drain well. Leave it aside.
- Melt butter in a wok and add the cloves, cardamom pods, bay leaves and salt. Stir-fry awhile and add the washed basmathi rice. Mix together in a lower heat.
- Transfer the rice together with all ingredients into a rice cooker and add 3 cups of water. Mix well.
- Turn on the power and cook rice like normal.
- Once the rice is cooked, turn off the power.
- Make 3 holes in the rice using a chopstick... add 1 colouring into each hole. Cover the lid and let the rice to cool abt 30 minutes or more. (Do NOT mix the rice straightaway!)
- After 30 minutes or so...gently mix the rice using a fork. Ready to serve!