BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE BUN
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Puan Roshayati Johari via Puan Liza Othman
Approximately 200g lukewarm water (egg + water = 265g)
5g bread softener
500g bread flour/high protein flour
20g milk powder ( pakai whipping cream)
5g bread improver
11g instant dried yeast
Cream cheese filling
250g Philadelpia Cream Cheese
60g icing sugar
Cream all the ingredients for the filling till smooth.
Bread maker method :
1. Into the breadmaker pan, pour in the water and egg. Add sugar, salt and bread softener.
2. Top it with flour, milk powder, bread improver and instant dried yeast.
3. Set the bread maker to DOUGH setting and press start. When the dough is just combined, add in margarine. Leave the bread maker to finish the cycle which takes about 1 1/2 hour or so.
4. Remove the dough from the pan and divide the dough into 20 equal portions. Roughly about 49 to 50g each.
5. Form each portion into a ball and arrange on a baking tray. Leave to rise for another 30 minutes or so.
6. Before baking, brush the dough with some fresh milk and use a scissor to cut the top of the dough.
7. Pipe some blueberry filling on top and cream cheese filling.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 20 to 25 minutes or till golden brown.
9. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of butter. Place on a wire rack to cool. Keep in an airtight container.Non Breadmaker method:
1. Put everything into the mixer bowl except for the margarine/butter and mix well then put in the butter/margarine. Mix for about 15 minutes.
2. Then transfer dough to another bowl and let it rest for an hour till it rise.
3. Make balls of 50 gm and put in the baking tray.
4. Rest for 30 minutes.
5. Follow breadmaker step 6 to 9.