Translate

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha



This is my Raya spread for Aidil Adha..eventhough my hubby why am I cooking so much food and we are not hajis yet, to begin with..Hajis r the ones who should be celebrating it more..for me Haji or not, I come from the state of Kedah where Raya Aidil Adha is a bigger celebration than Raya Aidil Fitri (at least in my thoughts) so I am adamant to cook my best for my kids and family members. My kids invited his friends..so it is more of a private big celebration hehehe..and I get to cook..n bake :)

Hubby hailed from Perak eventhough he was born in Singapore, so Rendang Tok is also a must have and so are Lemangs..uhmmm miss out on the photo of the Lemangs..this photo was taken after the kids had their breakfast..forgot to take the pix earlier..

Not forgetting my heritage, I am also for Ketupat..sadly I do not make these myself. I bought it off a friend..I wished I have been more concerned about the makings of these ketupats..my late mum was there and taken for granted that she will undertake the task of making them..now that she is gone..I am at a loss..
We, my family, eats ketupats with Serunding Daging (which I forgot to buy :( - forget about me knowing how to make them..) and also with beef curry but gravy is slightly thicker in consistency..I was too generous with my addition of water into my chicken curry so it is a bit runny :(


Lastly Munah's sambal ikan bilis.. for those who do not eat chicken and beef can have these but I add them to food to spice up the taste..

Desserts are my favorites too


Pavlova topped with passion fruit, strawberries and kiwi fruit..yum yums


1 oz sized red velvet cuppies..all dressed up ready to be eaten..



Chocolate Snickers Cheesecake



Chocolate Moist Cake




Raspberry Cheesecake




A favorite with everyone - cream puffs

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails