Thanks to Zarina Shaari..I made these on my own..tasted her yummy biscuits just before Raya..hahaha cannot sleep sedap but she said she has no more time to take any more orders..so I hunted down this recipe from the net which I think is near enough to hers.. Got this recipe from one of my favorite blogger but I forgot which one...OMG very meee...thanks very much to the blogger for sharing such a lovely recipe.
- 250 gm nibbed almonds, slightly roasted
- 400 gm plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200 gm cornflour
- 250 gm icing sugar, sieved
- 300 to 400 ml cooking oil
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- Egg glaze + a tinge of salt for glazing
- Sift the flour together with the baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Also mix in the cornflour. Add in the lightly toasted nibbed almonds. Sift in the icing sugar. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add in oil sparingly, mix thoroughly till dough doesn't stick to the hands.
- Cover and let dough rest for 30 mins.
- Roll into small balls, do not flatten.
- Place balls of dough, 1 inch apart on a lightly greased or paper lined baking tray.
- Apply egg glaze.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 20 to 25 mins, or till golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on tray for about 5 mins before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, store in an air-tight cookie jar.