Translate

Monday, November 8, 2010

Roast Chicken



Woke up and thought what to cook for my Sunday lunch with all the kids at home except for Razak, my son in law, who is away for the day..:( So browsing through recipes and recipes and decided on Roast chicken..a Simple Basil Lemon Roast Chicken..uhmmm went down to discover I don't have enough ingredients..ohh am lazy o make my way to the shop and it is rather late..oh dearr..What I did is a technique I saw Jamie Oliver uses for his roast chicken..pays to sit and watch this short series.

I bought 3 medium sized chicken and got some fresh marjoram. After washing the chicken , put the chicken in a large strainer and let the water from the chicken drips out. Put all three chicken into a big bowl. I took half a cup of light soya sauce and pour all over the chicken.. let it rest for a while.

Take about 3 tablespoon of butter per chicken and slather the butter under the chicken's skin and rub remaining butter all over the chicken.I also added a teaspoon ground black pepper and marjoram whilst rubbing the outside of the chicken and put it breast down on the baking tray. Pour the light soya sauce marinade on the chicken. I also added 3-4 cloves of garlic in the cavity..to give it some flavor..

Bake at 250 C for half hour and bring down to 180 for the balance..my chicken was about 2 kg each so I baked for another 30-40 minutes depending on one's oven. Look at the result..uhmm I totally love the outcome..yummy..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails