Translate

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Spicy ginger and chilli bean sauce

Very good indeed. Made this coupled with the Hainanese Chicken Rice Thai style, again from 3 Hungry Tummies..I love the blog..thanks again..

Next time I make them, I will add more of the bird chillies as it is quite mild to us..hehehe but my kids love it very much..

I just copy n paste the recipe again..

makes 1 cup
you'll need;
6 coriander roots, scraped and chopped
6 garlic cloves, peeled
5 cm knob of ginger, chopped
4 tbs of white sugar
6 bird chillies, chopped
4 tbs white vinegar
4 tbs of soya bean paste, mashed
4 tbs of light soy
4 tbs of dark soy
1/4 cup of chopped coriander leaves
salt and white pepper to taste

method;
Pound coriander roots, garlic and ginger with a pinch of salt into a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Check for seasoning. It should taste salty, sweet, spicy, sour and garlicky.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails