Made these for my kids for dinner amongst others..hehehe coupled with salad, mushroom soup and also Fettucine Alfredo..and finished with the butter and choc layered caked..yumss
Recipe by:Spectacularly spicy chicken wings baked with a mixture of hot pepper sauce, tomato, chilli powder and cayenne
- 20 chicken wings, split and tips discarded
- 125g butter, melted
- 7 tablespoons hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco
- 3/4 cup passata or pureed tomatoes(i don't have any of the two but i put tomato ketchup instead)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chilli powder( I doubled the quantity as I want it really spicy)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper( don't have them at home)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1.Preheat oven to 190 C.
2.Roast wings on a baking tray for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
3.Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine melted butter, hot pepper sauce, passata, chilli powder and cayenne pepper. Mix together.
4.Dip cooked wings in sauce to coat well, then shake off excess and return coated wings to baking tray. Reduce oven temperature to 120 C and bake for another 15 minutes.