Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS


Muffins again..this time..Banana..have not eaten bananas for awhile..not because of anything simply forgot to buy them during my numerous visits to TESCO..ardent fan of food shopping..that's me..
I bought the bananas and my hubby came back with bananas too..hahaha suddenly being bombarded with bananas..lucky thing we did not grow tails and swing tree to tree.
I was Google-ing one morning and saw this recipe and it caught my attention..ahhaa..crumb muffins..sounds and looks good too on the Allrecipe site hehehe..anyway, I will just copy and paste the recipe for you to try it but I have also done some adjustment to suit us..."less sugar" lot as we are really a sweet lot :)


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed ( 1 add another as I was using "Berangan" )
3/4 cup white sugar ( 1 only use 100 gm)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

 Try it and be glad u did....I want to make another batch once I get hold of more bananas..


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails