Translate

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Banana Chocolate Cake


Hahaha...the other day I was telling Mamafami ..I am in my lazy state of mind..every day is a day of procrastination..uhmmm..I got off my lazy bum one afternoon and made this. Actually craving for anything banana..below is the original recipe to which I have done some tweeking.. 

Banana - Pecan Cupcakes  (I made a cake not cupcakes hehe)
as usual I forgot whose blog I took the recipe from..I think I should make it a habit and type it next to the recipe so that I do not forget..

Makes 28 
 3 cups sifted cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 very ripe large bananas , mashed ( about 2 cups )
3/4 cup buttermilk ( I used sour cream )
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup ( 1 1/2 sticks ) unsalted butter , room temp ( 180 grams salted)
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar ( i used 3/4 cup
3 large eggs , room temperature 
1 cups pecans ( about 4 oz ) coarsely chopped ( I used walnuts )
1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips  ( I cup of choc chips)


 * Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C  . Line standard muffin tins with paper liners .
* Whisk together cake flour , baking soda , baking powder , salt and cinnamon . In another bowl , whisk together bananas , buttermilk and vanilla.
* With an electric mixer on medium-high speed , cream the butter and brown sugar until pale and fluffy . Add eggs , one at a time , beating until each is incorporated , scraping down sides as needed . Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in two batches , alternating with banana mixture and beating until just combined after each  . Stir in pecans by hand .
* Divide batter evenly among cups , filling each about three-quarters full . Bake for about 20 minutes .

I baked mine in a 9 1/2-inch cake pan for about 40 minutes

Mine ended up not as soft as I would like it to be..must do further CSI on this recipe..anyone who have tried this recipe please feedback on what is the outcome.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails