Translate

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Passion Fruit Cheesecake




Cheesecakes and passion fruits are some of my favorite food...hehehe "food"..I love all kind of cheesecakes and searching for more and more exciting ones..I love my passion fruit on top of my pavlovas. Made some mini pavlovas but never got round to eating them so my passion fruit is beginning to shrivel and I got lots of cream cheese to which I am suppose to experiment ..so here is the recipe which I made up myself for this particular cheesecake.lovely texture. It is a tinge sour ..my kind of taste but kids are kids..they are not too fond of the tinge of sourness of the passion fruit .

For the base:

200 gm of digestive biscuit
100 gm of unsalted butter

Put the biscuit and butter into the food processor and blend together. Once done, put it into a 9 inch spring form baking pan. Level and refrigerate whilst we continue to make the filling.for at least 10 minutes.

For the filling:

750 gm cream cheese
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp lemon rind
1 cup sugar
1 cup passion fruit pulp

Preheat oven at 160 C for 15 minutes.
Cream the cheese till smooth. Add egg one by one and mix till smooth. Add sugar, vanilla essence, lemon rind till well mixed then add the passion fruit pulp into the cream mixture.

Take the base out of the fridge and put the filling into the pan. Bake for 1 hour and let cool in the oven. Refrigerate over night.

Topping:

1 tub of sour cream ( abt 200 gm)
4 passion fruit

Put the whole tub on top of the cheesecake and smooth over the top. Cut into halve and pour the pulps of the passion fruit on top of the cheesecake. Ready to serve or can chill further till ready to eat.

Please give it a try...goo onnn..I soo enjoy eating them.. :)







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails