Translate

Friday, December 28, 2012

KERABU TAUGEH, MY STYLE


Salam to all..this is a dish which I made up for lunch on last Monday, I think. I always love Thai food, especially their salads..so this is done with whatever I have in my fridge that day..

Ingredients:

About 150 gm taugeh/bean sprouts, washed and toss
3 Shallots, julienne
1 medium tomato, sliced thinly
A handful of ikan bilis, fried and cooled
A small head of local romaine, roughly cut into pieces
1 lemon grass, minced
1 inch of ginger, diced finely
2 tablespoon of fish sauce**
2-3 vietnamese chilli/chili padi, minced**
Juice of 2 limes**
Sugar to taste**


Method:

Put all the ingredients in the bowl except the ones marked **. and also the fried ikan bilis.
Meantime put all the ingredients marked ** into another bowl and stir till sugar is dissolved. ( Note I did not add salt becaue the fish sauce is already salty).
Pour the sauce over the other bowl  with some of the fried ikan bilis and mix well. Scatter the balance ikan bilis on top of the salad and serve.
Can be served cold or as it is.
P/S:: If u are keeping it in the fridge put the fried ikan bilis when u ready to serve.

Please let me know if u have tried it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails