Translate

Sunday, December 30, 2012

PULUT SEKAYA aka SERIMUKA

This kueh will always stay in my memory forever and ever..my late mum use to make them every time he comes to KL to visit. I love this kueh so much...never learn to make them myself simply because I have my mum then to make them for me....and we call the pulut sekaya because it has a sekaya like topping..I think..Most of my grand aunts, aunties must know how to make them..a favorite amongst the family. No more mum to make them for me..been procrastinating for a long time because I simply cannot zero in on the exact taste of my late mum's pulut sekaya..uhmmm I guess we have to make do with the second best..sighh..

I adapted this recipe from Mamafami's blog..and made some changes because her entry in the blog was Serimuka Durian and I don't have any at home. And I want the top to be heavy..hahaha more of the sekaya yuimmyyy..Mamafami, I dah copy and paste resepi u dibawah ni and made some adjustment..so here it is before I forget what I have done..

Source : MamaFaMi/Sis Rossya

BASE :
Ingredients :
250g glutinous rice - washed and soak for 1 hour
170ml thin coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 screwpine leaves ( did not have them on hand)

Method :

1. Combine all the ingredients and pour into a tray. Steam till cooked. Meanwhile, prepare the topping.
2. When the rice is ready, remove the screwpine leaves and scoop out the rice into a bowl. Wash the tray and place a piece of plastic at the base of the tin. Pour in the cooked rice and press press firmly onto the base. Set aside.

TOPPING :
Ingredients :
150g durian flesh ( did not use them)
3 eggs (5 large eggs)
375g thick coconut milk ( add extra 150 g of water)
35g flour (used 25 gm only)
10g cornflour
125g sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Few drops of yellow food coloring (used pandan emulco)

Method :
Use the same method..
1. Combine durian flesh, eggs, coconut milk, flour, cornflour, sugar, salt and food coloring in a blender. Blend for about a minute or so till smooth.
2. Strain mixture to remove any lumps.
3. Cook on low fire till mixture started to bubble. Do not leave the pot unattended. Stir always.
4. Pour the mixture onto the prepared rice.
5. Steam till cooked. Then open the lid of the steamer and let it simmer for another 20 minutes.
6. Remove from steamer and let it cool completely before cutting.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails