Translate

Sunday, January 6, 2013

DOUGHNUTS


Salam...never been successful at making doughnuts..
I saw this recipe on FB and thought I'd give it a try..not wanting to put a lot of hope that it will turn out good but Alhamdulillah..good till the last piece. I know I took it off someone from FB but I cannot find the recipe again ..and I did not jot don the person's name..

Ingredients

500 gm AP Flour
1 tsp baking powder
11 gm Mauripan yeast
3/4 cup caster sugar - dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
1 tsp shortening
2 medium potatoes - boiled and mashed ( I used US potato so slightly bigger - forgot to weight it :( )
3 tbsp margarine/butter - about 50 gm
60 ml water - if not enough can add more

Method:

1. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and mauripan. Add the mashed potatoes  and mix well.
2. Add the sugared water and mix well.
3. Knead the dough and add water till u get a soft dough.
4. Add shortening and margarine/butter and knead till dough is smooth and soft.
5. Let it proof for 1/2 to 1 hour and doubled in size.
6. Once rise, roll the dough and use a round cutter to cut into rounds and place on a floured tray.
7. Let it rise again for at least 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
8. Heat the oil for frying...meantime take a smaller cutter and cut out the hole for the doughnut and place it into the oil. Make sure oil not to hot or the doughnut will turn dark very fast.  
9. Once fried and drained off oil, roll on a bed of caster sugar./ icing sugar/ dunk into a choc sauce and decorate as desired..

My version - using mixer

I put all the ingredients into the mixer and add the water as the mixer is kneading...oooppss..I do not remember how much water I put in but I guess at least 1/2 cup+ 1/4 cup ( as per recipe) ...u have to use your judgement on how water u put in..


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails