Translate

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Today's Teh time treats - Crabby Roll

Today, I was a bit lazy but still I want to make these Crabby Roll , recipe I got from Suhana's kitchen..thanks Suhana.my kids loved them and I of course loved the very much. Below is the rolls ready to be fried.




These are already fried and I cut some so that we can see a cross-section of the filling..too full to see the filling.

Crabby Roll

Fillings:

10 crabsticks, diced
4 franfurters, diced ( I used 3 fried tofu and diced)
3 eggs, separately moist scrambled
3 cloves of garlic, minced
I shallot, minced
2 red chillies, de seed and slice finely
salt and pepper totaste
1 tbsp sweet n sour sauce ( I used Hoisin sauce - don't have sweet sour sauce)

Heat abt 2 tbsp of oil in wok and saute the garlic, chillies and shallot. When fragrant, add in the diced items and the eggs. Stirfry quickly, season with salt and pepper and add the sauce. stir till cooked.
Remove from heat and drain over a colander to rid off excess oil, if any. Cool the fillinf before rolling up in popiah skin. Fry the popiah.

Serve with chillie sauce.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails