This was today's adventure...sweet chocolate bread with chocolate filling...soft and nice..hahaha this is from Mamafami's blog..Spice and Splendor ..and my second try at it..I used imported cocoa powder - the chocolatey taste is very pronounced..yummy.. I made two recipes..
IngredientS A :
450g high protein flour
50g cocoa powder
25g milk powder
10g instant yeast
1 teaspoon bread softener
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients B :
Ingredient C :
Chocolate filling (from the bakery)
Method : (Bread Maker)
1. Pour water and salt into the bread maker pan. Add in egg. Top it with flour, cocoa powder, milk powder, sugar, yeast and bread softener.
2. Set the breadmaker to Dough function.
3. Once the dough is just combined, add in margarine and leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. This process will take about 1 1/2 hour including proving.
4. Divide the dough to 40g each. Shape into a ball. Leave to rest for another 10 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough, place a teaspoonful of chocolate filling in the middle and roll into a ball.
6. Arrange the dough on a baking tray. Let it prove till double the size. Sprinkle with a bit of water before putting the tray into the oven.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree celcius till golden brown.
8. Once out of the oven, brush some margarine on top.
For those who do not have a breadmaker, can put everything in the mixer except the butter?margarine, once mixed already then add the butter/margarine and mix again till well combine then follow step 4 onwards.