Translate

Monday, September 24, 2012

MOIST SUGEE CAKE


Salam and good day to everyone..been blog walking for a long while duk cari this particular recipe...found the one that I like and I think is worth keeping..I am really sceptical, when the recipe calls for separated egg and whip the white egg and add in later by the folding method..my hands are grubby and I do not think I can be gently folding the foamy beaten egg white into the cake mix...hehehe...well I tried to be gentle and was laughing inside..the things u do to make a cake become a cake..anyway, I am surprised that the cake was lovely and moist so the end of my search for a a good sugee cake..definitely making another one soon.


Special thanks to Rima for the lovely recipe.

250 gm butter, softened
250 gm caster sugar (reduced to 220 gm)
125 gm SRF ( used AP Flour + 1 tsp b/powder)
1 tsp baking powder
125 gm semolina flour
50 gm cashews, ground ( used ground almonds)
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp buttercream essence/ rose essence ( did not use any)
5 eggs plus 1 yolk, the whole eggs separated

1. Preheat oven to 150 C
2. Put semolina flour, SRF, baking powder and nuts together in a bowl and sitr. Set aside.
3. Separate the eggs.
4. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
5. Add yolk one at a time.
6. Add cold milk, vanilla extract and buttercream essence and mix well.
7. In another bowl, beat egg whites till stiff.
8. Fold in the flour mixture into the cream mixture.
9. Then fold in the beaten egg white gently until well mixed.
10. Bake 150C for 50-60 mins until skewer comes out clean. ( depending on your oven).

** decorate with slivered almonds befor baking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails