Uhmmm I got up in the afternoon after a short nap and decided that I am baking Chicken mushroom pie for dinner..
1 kg chicken fillet, cut into small pieces
1 can of cream of mushroom soup plus 1-2 cups of water
300 gm of fresh mushroom of your choice - I used abalone mushroom cut into cubes
1 onion - diced
2 garlic - minced
1 tbsp cornflour ( u can add more if there is too much gravy to your liking)
Salt and pepper to taste
Flaky pastry ..I bought 2 x 10 pieces Kawan brand pastry
1. Heat up the oil and fry the diced onions together with the minced garlic;
2. Put in the chicken fillets and a little water;
3. Let it simmer for a few minutes;
4. Add the abalone mushrooms and continue to simmer;
5. Add the mushroom soup and water;
6. Once the mushroom is tender then add the cornflour;
7. Let the gravy thicken a bit then set it aside to cool. The filling is ready.
8. Put the filling into a large pie dish or individual alum foil container. I put mine into a dozen foil container.
9. Roll out a bit of the pastry sheet enough to cover the top of the filling.
10. Brush with egg yolk and bake till golden brown in a preheated oven at 200C for 25 minutes.
11. I served the pie with steamed mixed vegetables and peas plus baked potato chips..
12. I took it out of the container when serving..and also add some brown sauce.