Translate

Saturday, November 17, 2012

BURGER NITE

 Assamualaikum all..as u can see it is burger nite ...on lat Thursday. My sons have been talking about the humongous burgers sold in Ampang..and other places. I said rather than go and queue to eat..let's make our own. Save a lot money for me as v a "cheaper by the dozen" I turn to Mr Google for more info on this giant burgers and came out with a simple yet nice recipe that I like. Ahaaa the accompaniment to burgers are also a very wide range of stuff but I choose to limit it to ..
The evergreen colelaw

 The burgers and buns are ready

 Fresh cut salads which can b a side dish or put into the burger...imagine after sticking all these veg in between your burger and buns..how wide u must open your mouth to get the first bite..kikiki
Not forgetting the faithfully shoestring fries
  Table fully laden and ready for the big feast

We still have more burgers on the grill waiting to be ready..

 I took pictures of everyone taking their first bite into the burgers hehehe look at their faces 
 There is Aman , Alya and Sarah
 Yaya showing off her first bite..trying to be ladylike..
 Hubby aka Abah is more civilised..cut into his burgers but trying to mimic us...hehehe
 There is me aka Mama trying to do her thing...mission impossible when u pack everything in..u can only open your mouth to dig into the bottom part of the burger..huge feat even for me to finish one burger.


 Believe it or not..we still can eat dessert..apple crumble with ice cream ...
Owwhhhh what a night..!!!

This recipe I got it from the net but I have modified because I do not have some ingredients..
1 pound hamburger ( 2 kg mince beef)
1 egg ( 2 eggs)
2 slices onion, chopped ( 2 onions- diced)
8 small Saltine crackers, crushed (crackers about 20 pcs - crushed)
1 teaspoon salt ( to taste)
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons milk ( did not put in)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (used oyster sauce)
2 tablespoon Light Soya Sauce

Mix the above ingredients together and form into burgers. If you don’t have a burger press, you can use a 1/3 cup or 1/4 cup measuring cup to measure the burger and then form the burgers with your hands. ( I weigh it 200 gm per burger) 
Season both sides of the burgers heavily with a decent barbecue rub. If you don’t have anything, you can simply mix equal parts of salt, fresh ground peppercorn, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
The final secret has to do with not overcooking the meat, and I can’t stress this enough. I personally don’t like to bite into a burger with lots of raw beef in the center, but I try to aim for a slightly pink center.
If you’re grilling thick burgers, turn down the heat and give the centers time to cook. Otherwise, the outside will get overdone and the center will still be raw. This is not a big issue with thin store-bought burgers though.
As they’re cooking, I like to brush barbecue sauce or ketchup on both sides to add a little more flavor and juice. And just as they’re finishing up, throw a slice of cheese on the top of each burger.
Serve them with some good homemade bread or rolls, sweet and tender lettuce, slices of sweet onion, mustard, ketchup, and pickles.
You will end up with more than an amazing grilled burger. You’ll be stunned with an amazing, loaded hamburger sandwich. This is easy deliciousness.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails