I made these a few weeks ago because I bought my new silicon pan from Kak Pau Citra Klasik..best jugak the pan ni..I took this recipe from Rima's blog..I always have a problem in writing it down..sorry Rima. Anyway, recipe is nice, soft and this picture is from the second time I made them. I think I still like the original recipe as below.
A: 225gm flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
B. 200gm butter
175gm cream cheese
½ tsp grated lemon rind
175gm caster sugar
5 egg yolks
C. 5 egg whites
1 tsp lemon juice
- Grease and flour 6 mini bund cake pans.
- Whisk butter can cream cheese till pale and fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue whisking;
- Add egg yolks and continue whisking. Lastly add grated lemon skins and whisk until well combined;
- Fold in A to B with a spatula and put aside;
- In a clean bowl, whisk C until stiff peak and add into A and B in stages and mix until well combined;
- Pour batter into pans and bake in a 180C for half an hour or till golden brown.
Note: Original recipe does not have marble effect into it. I added ½ tbsp of black forest paste into 200 gm of plain batter. (Original comment from Rima)
I made these for my recent meet with my clasmates from Polytechnic Ungku Omar, arent't they cute?