Translate

Saturday, November 3, 2012

QHASIDAH


Made these this morning..this is a part of my childhood which I alay cherish. Loved this dessert which my late mum used to served us after food or for afternoon tea. Very easy and nice..I guess when she is in no mood to prepare an elaborate desert or tea snacks for us, she opted for this a she know we loved them very much..especially the topping...fried shallots in ghee.

I have taken a recipe which I saw is close enough to what I think the taste should be and tried. Yes, you guessed right., I never did pen down any of my mum's favorite recipe. It is more by taste and memories of eating it only.

Resepi is in Malay..resepi from a blog but I cannot read the blogspot tu..sue sumting kitchen.blogspot.com, anyway whoever u are thanks for the recipe which I amended a bit because it is a bit too sweet for me.

Bahan:
2 cawan tepung gandum
4 1/2 cawan air
1 sudu besar tepung jagung
1 cawan gula ( can reduce a bit of the sugar which I did by 1/4 cup)
sedikit garam
5 sudu besar minyak sapi
10 ulas bawang merah - dirincik

Cara membuatnya:

1. Campurkan tepung gandum, tepung jagung, gula air dan garam.
2. Tapis dan masak atas api sehingga pekat.
3. Bila dah agak pekat dan tak berapa melekat dikuali/periuk boleh la tuang kedalam acuan.
4. Panaskan minyak sapi dan goreng bawang sehingga kekuningan, taburkan diatas kuih tadi.


Happy trying..this is indeed an old recipe..hand me downs from mother to daughter especially in the northern state of Kedah.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails