This dessert recipe comes from Aunty Yochana..and very nice indeed. It was just that I did not put enough ice cream into it ( I actually took out the wrong tub of ice cream) but otherwise nice.
200 gm. Sago
200 gm. sugar
4 cups Water
1 litre of ice-cream (any ice-cream of your preference)
- But I like to use Nata De Coco ice-cream
700 gm. of Blended Honey Dew
Some Honey Dew balls
(1) Boil the sugar and water until sugar dissolves. Cool it.
(2) Soak sago for 10 min., then lightly wash it but before you soak, boil a pot of water. When the water is boiling, pour in the sago and boil till almost transparent. Off the fire, close the cover and let it soak in the hot water until it's completely transparent. Wash the sago until running tap until it's not sticky.
(3) Blend the honey dew and keep some melon balls by using a melon scoop to scoop into balls.
(4) Mix all the ingredients together and keep in the fridge until it's really cold and then serve.
Note: Sweetness is up to individual. I prefer mine to have more ice-cream and normally I will add additional ice-cream and it becomes yummy and creamy. Yes I truly agree with her notes.