Translate

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tandoori Chicken


Was browsing through the net and found this recipe which I think is near to what I envisage the recipe should be..owhhh again I forgot to jot down the name of the blog where I got this recipe from. Whoever u are, thank you very much for the lovely recipe.

Ingredients:
2 lb chicken pieces of your choice with skin and visible fat removed ( I used 2 x 4 pieces of chicken)
1/2 Tandoori Masala recipe*** ( I used all of the Tandoori Masala I made)
1 cup yogurt (preferably regular) ( I add another half cup)
1 tablespoon oil ( I use 2 tbsp olive oil)
1 lime or lemon juice ( I use an extra half lemon)
Sea salt to taste
½ teaspoon chili or cayenne pepper powder

Make slits in the chicken pieces with a knife. Mix lime, salt and chili pepper in a small bowl. Rub the lime mixture into the chicken slits. Combine yogurt and tandoori masala in a bowl. Mix well. Add the yogurt mix to a large plastic bag or a glass bowl. Add the chicken to the mix and toss well, making sure all the pieces are well coated. Drizzle the oil and toss. Marinate in the fridge for 6 to 24 hours. 

Cooking methods:
a) Preheat the grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Spray oil in the chicken pieces and quickly sear both sides of the chicken. Reduce heat and cover the grill. Cook until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.
b) Or you can cook the chicken in the oven: preheat broiler. Cover a baking pan with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray. Lay chicken on greased foil and spray with more cooking spray. Broil until it starts browning and turn. Brown the other side. Lower temperature to 350 F. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or done. 

P/S : I baked my chicken at 200C for 20 minutes and turn to the other side. Bake for another 20 minutes and last 20 minutes I turn the chicken again and baked at 250C.

make your on Tandoori Masala which I did..
***Tandoori Masala Ingredients:
2 tablespoons cumin seeds or 1 ½ tablespoons cumin powder
2 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds or 2 tablespoons coriander powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garlic powder or 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ginger powder or 1 tablespoon grated ginger
½ to 1 tsp red chili or cayenne pepper powder
¼ tsp clove powder ( did not use these as I do not have any at home)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp orange or red food coloring (optional)
  
Directions:
To make the tandoori masala, if using seeds, dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds in a pan on a low flame, till they begin to release their aroma. Remove from fire and cool. Grind seeds in a grinder. Add all ingredients and mix well.

P/S: I mixed all the powders that I have at home and used fresh garlic and ginger .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails